Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Post-birthday ramblings

It's nice when people who are close to you remember your special days, such as birthdays. But if people who you think are close to you forget those special days, it just makes you mad.

I happen to speak from experience.

I've always considered that me and my sister and other brother (age gap between me and my eldest brother is 15 years, so we are not that close, so if he forgets, I don't really mind) are pretty close. So this made me automatically assume that they would somehow react to my 18th birthday. I would have been satisfied with a simple email or text-message saying "happy birthday" or "congratulations" or whatever. But what do I get? Nothing! I mean, I know I didn't throw a party or anything like that, but that doesn't mean they can just forget it. It's stupid if I have to remind them about my fucking birthday in advance.

Well, I sent my brother an email last night and asked him if he knew what day it was, and he just replied something like "sorry, I've been busy all day reading physics". Sorry, but being a nerd isn't an excuse. Then I sent a text-message to my sister and asked the same thing and it took her a while to get it. Whatever, bitches. Their Christmas presents will suck so bad. That is, if I decide to buy them any.

Luckily, I can always count on my dear friends (who I don't consider as close as my sister and brother, by the way, but I guess that's going to change now) to remember my birthday. Today when I went to school I got nice presents and hugs, so I'm ok now. Except one present was a bit rude, but like I said, I will have my revenge when Christmas comes.

Oh, and I heard that it's going to snow next weekend, which is nice, I guess, since I've been waiting for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home