Sunday, February 13, 2005

Valentine's Day Eve

Ah, Valentine's day. I remember when I was about 9 or so I had a crush on this cute boy who was a year older than me. We were friends, sort of, but our relationship never really got off. Such a shame. Though, I do remember this one intense moment between us when we were playing mushroom-war (yeah, with real mushrooms in the woods... don't ask). We hid behind trees while throwing mushroom at our enemies, and we laughed and smiled and stared at each other in the eyes. Then when Valentines day came, I had planned to give him a lovely card that I had made. Unfortunately, my brother told all about my girly card to this boy before the V-day, and together they laughed at me. I ended up not giving the card to that motherfucker.

But I realize now that I was a bit too pushy in my childhood romances. When I was 5 or something like that, there was this boy who I liked, and I showed my affection to him by drawing pictures of us holding hands, him giving me flowers, us living in a same house. Then I gave all those picture to him. I must have drawn him thousands of pictures, but he never responded to my wooing. He goes to the same school as I do now, but I nowadays I find him a bit annoying.

Anyway, to me, Valentine's day has always been a let down. At the end of the day I check my jacket pockets and backpack for steamy love letters from secret lovers, but so far I've had no luck. Therefore I'm just going to wake up tomorrow and try not to have any expectations for the day. That way when the only thing I'll find in my pockets is a candy wrapper, I won't get depressed.

Further reading: fuckvday

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassietita said...

I stumbled across your blog while doing research on Valentine's Day for my site Valentine's Day. Thought I'd say thanks!

3:08 am

 
Blogger CassieLove said...

I stumbled across your blog while doing research on Facts about Valentine's Day for my site Facts about Valentine's Day. Thought I'd say thanks!

8:50 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home