Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Drained

Those huge tests that I was talking about in my last post are now over. I managed to get some good results from some of them, but there were few that went worse than I expected. I don't get the final result until May, though, so nothing is definite yet, but I think I'll manage to get into some university with those results. Now it's time to start studying for entrance exams...

The thing is, I'm not sure what and where I want to study in the future. I keep browsing through this book where's a list of all the universities and such, but I'm just not sure. I have this image in my head where I'm in debt with a good-for-nothing degree and working at McDonald's. There's nothing wrong with working at McDonald's, but if I find myself serving BicMacs when I'm forty, I'll officially be pathetic. I just want to study something that I'm good at and that I like, and that getting a decent job with that degree wouldn't be extremely difficult.

Meh. I feel kind of pressured all the time. I feel like I have to live up to my family's expectations, but It's just my expectations I can't live up to. Or, you know, am not going to live up to if I can't get to a university or wasting a year or two studying something that I don't like. Plus I think my friends hate me. And I think I'm a loser. And I have gained a few pounds. Also, I have some zits in my face. And whine whine whineeeeee.

...anyway, I'm sure things will turn out alright eventually, I just feel pretty worthless right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Life's Crusader said...

Oh poor dear!! I guess its not going to help to let u in on a little secret ..even when u DO get into university..u still won't know what to do with our life.. *sigh* But hang in there sweetie!

2:06 pm

 
Blogger tery said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:15 pm

 
Anonymous college admission said...

Hello Sleepy Girl,

After reading your blog "Drained", I believe you will find my site on college admission exams to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ... college entrance requirement act, how to review for college entrance exam, sample math compass test for college entrance, ap classes and college entrance, compass college entrance exam, ppst college entrance exam, gmat college exam entrance test and high school requirements college entrance.
We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Kind Regards
Emily

2:24 am

 
Anonymous college admission said...

Hello Sleepy Girl,

After reading your blog "Drained", I believe you will find my site on college admission exams to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ... college entrance requirement act, how to review for college entrance exam, sample math compass test for college entrance, ap classes and college entrance, compass college entrance exam, ppst college entrance exam, gmat college exam entrance test and high school requirements college entrance.
We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Kind Regards
Emily

2:24 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home